Report Animal Abuse

Please contact Valley County Dispatch at 208.382.5160, the McCall Police Department at 208.634.7144 or Cascade Police Department at 208.382.4123 to report animal abuse.  MCPAWS cannot impound animals, but we serve as an intake facility for all animals law enforcement officials bring to our shelter.

Animal cruelty occurs when someone intentionally injures or harms an animal or when a person willfully deprives an animal of food, water or necessary medical care.

Here are some signs that may indicate abuse or neglect:

      Tick or flea infestations

      Wounds on the body

      Patches of missing hair

      Extremely thin, starving animal


      An owner striking or otherwise physically abusing an animal

      Dogs who are repeatedly left alone without food and water, and often chained in a yard

      Dogs who have been hit by cars and have not been taken to a veterinarian

      Dogs who are kept outside without shelter in extreme weather conditions

      Animals who cower in fear or act aggressively when approached by their owners