This sweet thing is Lexi. Lexi is a 7-year-old Red Heeler who loves to play fetch, go for walks, play with her favorite toys, and relax in the shade with her friends. Lexi is not a fan of other dogs and will also need a cat-free home. Are you looking for a forever partner in fetch? Give us a call to learn more about this cutie pie!
Hello everyone, Lexi here. I wanted to update my resume with some new information:
- I ride in the car nicely, (after a bit of help getting in). I like to sit or stand to look out the window and am a very quiet passenger.
- Although I am the queen of playing fetch, I also am a very good hiking companion. I love to discover all the smells, and as a dog, I do enjoy some of the smells the human that accompanies me finds disgusting. I am on a long line when I am hiking and have very good recall when I hear “Come, Lexi”!
- On my hiking outings, I like to meet other hikers and let them say hello to me. I have been passed by mountain bikers and don’t pay any attention to them, they go by too fast to give me any pets. Although I enjoy seeing deer, and will stop to look at them with my ears perked, I don’t have any intention of trying to engage them in a game of chase. That being said, I do love chasing those rascally squirrels. I just can’t help myself!
- Let’s be honest, I do love treats. The human that hikes with me has a bag of treats in her pocket. She is a bit stingy on how many she gives me, so I look really cute to see if I can get one more!
- My favorite thing (after treats) is a good VBR. A VBR is a vigorous butt rub. I will wiggle and waggle and be very cute.
- I am a perfect size dog, not too small, but not too big. I am the perfect size to fit into your car or front of your truck. I wouldn’t take up much room on a comfy bed in front of the fire.
- Most of all, I would love to find my forever home. MCPAWS is taking great care of me and I love all the staff there, but I would like to be home for the Holidays.
Breed: Red Heeler
Age: 7 Years
Color: Red & White
Weight: 45 pounds
Adult Dog: $100 - $200
Puppies: $200 - $300
Senior Pets (over 8 years old): adoption fees are 1/2 off!
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am to 6pm
Sunday: 1:00pm to 6:00pm
By appointment only.
Please call (208) 634-3647 to schedule an appointment!