Join the MCPAWS Team! If being around awesome people and animals all day isn’t enough, we also offer these other great employee benefits!
Employee Benefits and Perks At MCPAWS we know that we are only as good as the people on our team. We are committed to continuous learning and growth, allowing all staff members a path towards reaching their fullest potential. Enthusiasm, excellent communication skills, and the desire to work in a team environment are qualities we look for in each candidate.
Applicants who are flexible, innovative, and wish to play a role in the development and growth of our organization and the positive impact we have on our community are particularly suited to join our organization.
Health BENEFITS: We don’t have a “one size fits all” mindset at MCPAWS. Most of our employee benefits can be tailored to meet your needs, whether those needs focus on price point, medical coverage or other individual aspects of your life. All employees that work at least 25 hours/week are eligible for the MCPAWS health benefits program.
- MCPAWS Sponsored Medical Insurance: MCPAWS offers a choice of at four different health care plans. Options vary by price-points and coverage levels. All your options will be explained to you during enrollment so you can make the best choice for your family and your needs. MCPAWS covers 50% of your monthly premiums
- MCPAWS Paid Short-term Disability Insurance: Benefit eligible employees receive a weekly benefit equal to 60% of your gross salary in the event of a short-term accident or illness that keeps you from work
- MCPAWS Paid Life insurance: Employees are covered by a $25,000 life insurance benefit
- MCPAWS Paid Accident Insurance: Benefit eligible employees receive cash benefits, paid directly to you, for any covered injury – on or off the job that you or your family experience
- Dental and Vision Insurance: Employees may obtain comprehensive dental and vision benefits at their own cost
NON-MEDICAL BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Accrual Policy: for any employee working 25 hours/week
- COVID-19:We have updated our PTO policies to enable team members to take the time they need to support their families or themselves as we navigate through the pandemic
- Employee Enrichment: We recognize our employees as our greatest resource which is why we make sure that each branch has funds dedicated to celebrate our employees. This varies by location, but team lunches, coffees, and after-work parties are encouraged and supported.
- Pet Food Discounts: Our employees qualify for discounted pet food through the Hill’s VIP Market program
- Veterinary Discounts: MCPAWS provides significant benefits for employee pets receiving care and treatment at our veterinary hospital, including annual stipends and deep discounts
- Holiday Pay: MCPAWS pays team members double-time on holidays.
- Continued Education: Training, professional development, and continued education opportunities vary by location and are encouraged and supported for all team members.
- Uniforms: MCPAWS offers reimbursement benefits for employees are required to wear a uniform and monthly credits at our thrift store for employees in need of uniform components and/or work wear items
Current job openings for all MCPAWS locations are posted below.
Position Title: Shelter Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $40,000 – $54,000
Benefits: Paid time off, health benefits package, paid holidays, discounted veterinary services
Purpose of Position: The Shelter Manager is responsible for successfully managing day to day shelter operations as well as implementing any programs, policies, and/or protocols that pertain to the shelter. Providing leadership to all shelter staff members, including annual performance evaluations, recognition, and/or performance improvement, and directing all care that shelter animals, or animals that are part of our community based programming receive are also key duties of the manager.
This role serves as a member of the MCPAWS Leadership Team and takes an active role in high level decision making including, but not limited to: annual budget development, ensuring that operation and program costs stay within budget, developing new or revising existing, policies and protocols to ensure that shelter operations and practices reflect industry best standards and that animals receive the highest level of care and enrichment.
Full Job Description: Shelter Manager Position Description
Contact Amber Kostoff: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to submit your resume!
Position: Staff Veterinarian (Shelter/Community/Private Practice)
Location: MCPAWS Veterinary Hospital
Schedule: Full time, salary, exempt
Reports to: Director of Veterinary Services
Salary: $90,000 – $130,000/year
Benefits: Paid Time Off; health benefits, CE allowances and required dues and licenses paid, eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness; $10,000 Signing Bonus
Position Summary and Purpose:
At MCPAWS, we work to celebrate and enhance positive human/animal connections. One way that we are able to accomplish this is through the provision of accessible, quality veterinary care for shelter animals, pets belonging to under-served community members and community cats, as well as established private practice clients. This position serves as a key member of our veterinary care team to
help us carry out the veterinary work that is fundamental to our bigger, organizational goals.
This position is unique and the incumbent will provide veterinary care across a spectrum of programs. Duties are balanced between clinical and surgical responsibilities at our veterinary hospital and
providing for the veterinary needs of cats and dogs being cared for at our no-kill, shelter.
Expect to spend 2-3 days/week at the vet hospital, serving practice clients as well Safety Net Program clients (emergency vet care, low or no cost spay/neuter). Remaining time will be spent at the shelter
providing needed vet care for shelter animals and completing additional duties like protocol/policy adjustments, updating patient records, and working collaboratively with support staff. Occasional
opportunity for community engagement in the field via vaccination and microchip clinics and Trap-Neuter-Return efforts will also be available.
Complete Job Description: MVH Staff Veterinarian (Shelter_Private Practice_Community)
Contact Amber Kostoff: AKostoff@mcpaws.org for more information or to submit your resume!
Support the Shelter and Donate Today!
MCPAWS Regional Animal Shelter
831 S. 3rd St (PO Box 1375)
McCall, ID 83638
MCPAWS Veterinary Hospital
8 Coho Lane
McCall, ID 83638
MCPAWS Thrift Store
301 Lenora Street #1375
McCall, ID 83638
Monday - Saturday:
11:30am to 5:00pm
Dog introductions and adoptions by appointment only.
Please call (208) 634-3647 to schedule an appointment!