How is MCPAWS responding to COVID-19?
COVID-19 Response at MCPAWS Shelter: Updated 12/8/2020
First and foremost I want to continue to stress: please stay home if you or a family member is ill, experiencing any degree of symptoms, or has potentially been exposed to the virus.
As far as our general operations the following will be implemented immediately:
The MCPAWS Shelter is open, but with limitations on public access. We will continue to offer as many services as we are able “curbside”! What this means is that when you arrive at the shelter, please stay in your vehicle and call the shelter: (208) 634-3647, or push the Ring doorbell for assistance. We will answer your call in the order it is received and do our very best to assist you. Please wear masks and keep your distance when speaking to staff so we can help everyone stay healthy!
- Adoption meet and greets will continue on an appointment basis. Please call first (208) 634-3647. We are not allowing the public to walk through the kennel areas at this time.
- Masks are required to be worn by our entire staff while they are at work. We also require visitors to wear masks at every MCPAWS location.
- Staff will remain home if they are showing any Covid-19 symptoms or signs of a fever.
- If you find a stray animal, please call us! We may be able to reunite the lost pet with their owner, without you ever having to bring the animal to the shelter! If the animal does need to come to the shelter, again, call us and we will provide you with further instructions.
- If you need assistance with pet food we can help. Simply call us when you arrive at the shelter and we will bring it out to you while you wait in the car.
- If you need a pet ID tag, please give us a call and we can get your information over the phone and take tag to your car when you arrive.
These are certainly difficult times! Please consider helping us in our efforts in one of the following ways:
- DONATE! I cannot think of a better time to become a monthly donor. Even an amount as $5 or $10 a month can do a lot for us. If you can’t make a monetary donation, please consider donating some supplies from our wish list. You can purchase directly from Amazon to have it shipped to us, you can purchase via phone from McCall Pet Outfitters and we will be happy to pick it up, or you can simply drop supplies off at the shelter at a table that we have set up at the front of the shelter. To make a monetary donation, please visit: https://mcpaws.org/donate/make-a-donation/
- FOSTER! In order to keep our animals happy and healthy, while also maintaining space for incoming animals, please consider fostering a dog or a cat for the next few weeks.
- Shelters all over the country are being faced with similar challenges, so even if you are not currently in the area, reach out to your local shelter or rescue to see if you can offer your assistance by fostering an animal. What a great way to spend some quality time at home – with a furry buddy to keep you company!
- Call us to learn more about fostering (208) 634-3647!
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am to 4pm
By appointment only.
Please call (208) 634-3647 to schedule an appointment!